Saturday, September 3, 2011

Letter August 5th

We have gym every day. You can play just about any sport that isn't a
contact sport. I play volleyball, basketball and soccer all of the
time. They have a track and weight machines as well. We have started
lifting and plan on getting RIPPED. The food is alright. Just like
Cannon center food... except it doesn't digest as well... don't worry
about it. The beds aren't very nice but, as you know, I am comfortable
sleeping anywhere.

I'm not discouraged about the language. We are learning so quickly and
I am comfortable with learning languages, I'm pretty good at it. I
love the language too. Sounds awesome.

I actually have 2 companions! First, I was paired with Elder Dayan
McDonald from Payson, Utah. Now we picked up another companion, Elder
Jordan Thompson from Mesa, Arizona. We have already become very close.
Although it can be very challenging having a companion... it can be
easy to become impatient. But overall, they are great!

Going to bed at 10:30 is hard. Haven't done that since
the 6th grade. But you have to or else you are exhausted the next day
after waking up at 6:30.

Time is blending together. We don't pay attention to time at all. We
measure everything by our experiences. It's easy because we have so
many. If time flies by this quickly, we'll be out in the field in no
time. We're all so pumped about the Philippines!

We went to the Provo temple today. It was a cool experience going
through as missionaries with your companions. It's so different from
the Atlanta temple. They also have a caffeteria where we had an
amazing breakfast. (A miracle after choking down the MTC food.)

We are all growing so much and growing closer together as a district
and zone. I know that this is exactly where I want to be at this time
in my life. I know that I am called of God and I am anxious to serve
Him.

Alam ko po na totoo po ang ebanheylio.

I love and miss you all!

Elder Michael Stallings

No comments:

Post a Comment