Sunday, September 18, 2011

"I can see the light at the end of the tunnel (tunnel=MTC) (good tunnel, but a very long one)"

Kumusta po kayo!
 
Things have been going very well here in the MTC. We have had some outstanding experiences learning and growing. One unique opportunity of the MTC is hearing from General Authorities. We had the privilege of hearing from Elder Jefferey R. Holland and Elder M. Russell Ballard. The Spirit that they both brought was impactful. I was especially excited to hear Holland's message because he is my favorite speaker. He spoke on how important our responsibility as missionaries was. It was very motivational.
 
We received our flight plans this past Thursday!!! We leave Tuesday 27th at 8:00pm and fly through the night to LA, Hong Kong and finally to Manila. The flight is over 20 hours long. All of us in my district are beyond excited. They say that it is very hard to focus after getting your flight plans, but we are still doing a good job and continuing to learn. We realize that the language is going to ROCK us when we get to the Philippines. We are like babies walking into a live press conference and expected to speak to an entire nation. Let's just say we will be relying on the Spirit a little bit.
 
Although entering the mission field will be very challenging, I know the Lord and will help me to carry out His work. I have witnessed His presense and influence in my life and I have a testimony of the Holy Ghost's guidance. Even in our training here at the MTC in teaching "investigators" (volunteers/teachers), I have been lead by the Spirit to share the gospel in a way that allows the person to progress and come unto Christ. I am confident that the Lord will provide the way for me to help others feel the love of our Savior, Jesus Christ, and strengthen their relationship with our Father in Heaven.
 
Alam ko po na totoo ang ebanghelyo ni Jesucristo at mahal ng Diyos lahat mga anak Niya. I am so thankful for this opportunity to serve a mission and I am commited to doing my best to help others come unto Christ.
 
Mahal kita!
 
Elder Stallings

No comments:

Post a Comment